In this exclusive, torn-from-the-headlines live case study, we’ll go behind-the-scenes with the man behind one of the most remarkable corporate stories in a generation: The impossible survival of AMC Theaters through the Covid year. From being shuttered by the pandemic, to recapitalizing the company, to buying out a key shareholder to pouncing on their stunning stock market comeback to fix the balance sheet and save the company, if there’s a more exhilarating—and essential—finance case study for the modern market we have yet to see it. Intimate, interactive and deeply candid, in this session you’ll learn firsthand from Aron how he and his finance team made it all happen—with takeaways and key lessons for every company and every CFO.
Ram Charan, World-renowned business guru and best-selling author
Digital giants like Amazon and Alibaba are creating vast new market spaces through a deft combination of tools like machine learning and business savvy that reimagines customer experiences while generating immense revenue opportunities. How can traditional companies compete? In his latest book, Rethinking Competitive Advantage, which is based on fresh research and decades spent advising some of the world’s top CEOs and boards, Ram Charan offers a set of new rules for conceiving new market spaces and moneymaking models. Competing against digital giants might seem daunting—join Ram to learn how to:
• Create an ecosystem with third-party partners to revolutionize the customer experience
• Implement data-based decision-making to drive constant innovation, faster execution and customer satisfaction
• Turn upfront spending into a cash-generation machine
Attendees will break into working sessions for in-depth, interactive discussions with other senior finance executives and a subject matter expert. Topics may include:
• Three Essentials for Your Digitalization Agenda
• Upskilling Your Finance Team for the Future
• Cybersecurity – Identifying, Managing and Mitigating Your Risks
• M&A – The CFO’s Critical Role in Integration
• Moving Your Business to the Cloud: Key Considerations for a Seamless Transition
• The Role of Data Analytics in the Future of the Finance Function
We’ll have report outs from the working sessions and provide the opportunity for Q&A with our subject matter experts.
From Square’s purchase of $170 million in bitcoin to Tesla’s sizable $1.5 billion purchase, notable public companies are beginning to adopt crypto-friendly investment strategies. And the trend is likely to continue. The SEC considers bitcoin a commodity and under U.S. GAAP it’s an intangible asset—subject to valuation and impairment testing rules. So, in the absence of defined guidance within U.S. GAAP, how should companies navigate the complexities of accounting considerations when purchasing cryptocurrency? We’ll explore how some organizations are incorporating crypto-friendly investment strategies, as well as the potential risks you should consider before jumping in.